Every year, 2.3 million people get married in the United States. That comes out to about 6,200 weddings per day. A wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event for couples who want to share it with their loved ones. If you are one of them that want to make a perfect wedding day, then a letter of invitation is a big help.
Here is an article that can help you, and we included some example letters and letter-writing ideas below to assist you in drafting an invitation letter for a wedding to your friends, business colleagues, employer, or family.
What Is A Letter Of Invitation For A Wedding?
The main purpose of a letter of invitation for a wedding is to invite close relatives to a wedding. An invitation letter provides the wedding’s date, location, and time.
A formal wedding invitation letter doesn’t have to be hand-delivered. It can be sent through a professional email or a wedding invitation. Many people like this kind of communication since it’s discreet and prevents others from feeling left out.
Tips On Writing Invitation Letter For Wedding
Whether formal or informal, the wedding invitation letter must be great in every way. You may use the guidelines below to write either a formal or informal wedding invitation letter:
- You may make it a professional letter of invitation, but since it is directed to your pals, you can write it with a more personal approach.
- You may begin your letter by expressing your appreciation for the invitee, and if you send it to your close friends, you can highlight the significance of their attendance.
- Include any important information regarding the wedding, including the date, time, and location. If there are any post-marriage events, you must mention them in the letter.
- The letter’s tone should be lively, and you should emphasize the significance of the attendee’s attendance on that particular day.
- To minimize misunderstanding on the part of the attendee, you must include all relevant facts about the incident.
- You may include information about the wedding ceremony, from the caterer to the entertainment.
- If they cannot attend the event, you may request confirmation of this invitation.
- Conclude your message positively, indicating that you are delighted by the attendee’s presence, and thank them.
When Should You Send The Invitation Letter
Generally speaking, you should send your letter at least two to three weeks before your wedding and give them deadlines. This should give you enough time to complete your seating plan and provide the caterer with a final head count (one week before). Sending invites too early may lead individuals to lose or forget them.
Couples often send e-invitations for destination weddings, but invitations should be sent 6-10 months before the wedding. Depending on where your wedding occurs, guests (including you and your spouse) may need additional time to secure visas, passports, or other travel papers.
What To Include In Writing Invitation For Your Wedding
The following components should be included in every invitation letter for a wedding:
- The Host
- The Couple’s Names
- The Request To Attend
- The Date And Time
- Post Ceremony Plans
- The Location
- Reception Information
- Dress code
- Separate RSVP card
Sample And Template
Many people find it challenging to write a letter inviting someone to dinner. Use our sample and template to write a perfect letter:
Street, City, State
(Mention the name of the guess)
(Mention the address)
City, State, Zip-code
Subject: Letter of Invitation For A Wedding Day
It is a great pleasure to inform you that my ______ (daughter/son) is getting married on ______ (date of wedding). We request the honor of your company on this particular occasion because your blessings would be a great gift for him/her.
I am writing this letter to invite you to the marriage ceremony of my _____(daughter/son). My _________(daughter/son) (mention the name) will marry (his/her) beloved partner (mention the name) on the date of (mention the date). The wedding ceremony will begin at (specify the time) and conclude at (mention the time).
Join us as we rejoice in the couple’s marriage and toast the start of their new life together. Your attendance at the wedding would be really appreciated, and we would be grateful for any kind of response we could get.
We will be obliged if you honor our invitation. Thank you.
(Name and Signature)
Letter of Invitation For Different Scenarios
- Letter of Invitation: Everything You Need To Know
- Letter of Invitation for Weddings
- Letter of Invitation for Birthdays
- Letter of Invitation for Baby Showers
- Letter of Invitation for Guest Speaker
- Letter of Invitation for Visa
- Letter of Invitation for Meeting
- Letter of Invitation for Judges
- Letter of Invitation for Debut
- Letter of Invitation for Tourist Visa
- Letter of Invitation for Seminar
- Letter of Invitation for Funeral Ceremony
- Letter of Invitation for Fundraising Event
- The main purpose of a wedding invitation letter is to invite close relatives to a wedding.
- A wedding invitation letter can be delivered without being hand-delivered. It might be a professional email or a wedding invitation.
- You should send your RSVP at least two to three weeks before your wedding day.
- For destination weddings, couples often send e-invites. However, invitations should be sent 6-10 months before the wedding.