And if you want to bring a family member to the United States, a citizen or legal resident must follow a set of rules. A letter of invitation is the first step in this process.
To know more, here is an article about the letter of invitation for a visa application.
Why Is An Invitation Letter For Visa Application Important?
A visa invitation letter is sent by a U.S. citizen confirming their willingness to host an overseas visitor. Anyone, from a relative to a close acquaintance, might qualify as this international.
A visa invitation letter is not required to obtain a visa. This letter, on the other hand, may assist the U.S. embassy or consular official in better understanding your connection with the applicant and the purpose of the visit.
Visa applicants must fulfill the requirements and undergo an interview. They must show a strong relationship with their native country, want to return, and are simply visiting family or friends in the U.S. The applicant must persuade the USCIS official that they just want to visit the U.S.
What Are The Requirements To Write A Letter Of Invitation?
The host must meet the following requirements for the invitation letter for the visa to be valid:
- They must be legal permanent residents or citizens of the nation the applicant wishes to visit.
- They must have a registered dwelling place (a house or a flat)
- They must be a friend, partner, or relative/member of the applicant’s family.
- They must have good space in their house to accommodate the individual applying for the visa.
- a copy of your passport, identification, or green card
- You may also include a Declaration of Financial Support or USCIS Form I-134
- Proof of residency, such as your home address or a rental contract.
- Students may provide an enrollment verification letter or a copy of their transcripts to the application.
- The applicant must include any additional necessary documentation with their visa application.
What To Include In Your Letter Of Invitation
A letter of invitation for a visa must include the following about the person being invited:
- Complete name.
- Date of birth.
- Complete Address
- Telephone number.
- Your connection to the people invited (friend, sister, brother, parent, niece, uncle, etc.)
- Why are you taking this trip (vacation, business visitor, seminar, event).
- For how long do you expect your guest will be in Australia? (number of days, weeks).
- Information on lodging and living expenditures (if they will stay with you or at a hotel, etc.).
- The day on which the person you’re inviting plans to depart the nation.
Sample And Template
Now that you already have an insight on writing an invitation letter for a visa. Here is a sample and template that you may edit for your personal use.
(Full address in the US)
(Job): ((xxx) xxx-xxxx)
(Home): ((xxx) xxx-xxxx)
Email: (email address)
(Visitor’s name/ US Consul General/ US Consular Officer)
(Visitor’s Address/U.S. Embassy Address in the applicant’s country)
Dear (Visitor/Consular Officer),
I (Last Name), (First Name) with (I.D./Passport/Green Card Number), residing at (Your U.S. Address), am a United States citizen (or lawful permanent resident alien).
I am writing to seek a tourist (B-2) visa for (Visitor’s Name) from (Visitor’s Address) (purpose in the United States). With his tourist visa, he will be able to visit me in the United States. We are (explain your relationship with the applicant).
When inviting friends or family to the United States, students might include information about their studies and their plans for when they want to have visitors.
I am a (University) student majoring in (Major). I am writing to request that you grant (Visitor’s Name) of (Visitor’s Address) a tourist (B-2) visa to visit (Country) (purpose in the United States). They are mine (explain your relationship with the applicant).
(Name of Visitor) will be in the United States from (arrival date) to (departure date) (departure date). We will go to see (explaining what the applicant will be doing in the U.S.).
(Visitor’s Name) will be staying at (address of accommodation), and (applicant or host) will be liable for any expenditures incurred during their time in the United States.
I have included all needed supporting materials for (Visitor’s Namevisa )’s application.
I really appreciate your thoughtfulness in taking into account our request.
Your Name Address Email Phone Number
Letter of Invitation For Different Scenarios
- Letter of Invitation: Everything You Need To Know
- Letter of Invitation for Weddings
- Letter of Invitation for Birthdays
- Letter of Invitation for Baby Showers
- Letter of Invitation for Guest Speaker
- Letter of Invitation for Visa
- Letter of Invitation for Meeting
- Letter of Invitation for Judges
- Letter of Invitation for Debut
- Letter of Invitation for Tourist Visa
- Letter of Invitation for Seminar
- Letter of Invitation for Funeral Ceremony
- Letter of Invitation for Fundraising Event
- U.S. citizens issue visa invitation letters to welcome overseas visitors. This term includes relatives and friends.
- Visas don’t need invitation letters.
- A visa invitation letter may explain your connection to the applicant and the purpose of the visit.
- Visa applicants must be interviewed. They must wish to return to their home nation and be visiting family or friends in the U.S.