There may be various circumstances in life that require an individual to relocate to a different location. These circumstances may be favorable or unfavorable, necessitating a change in location, company, institute, or organization. A transfer request letter, in any case, would be a request for permission to transfer.
Knowing how to write a transfer letter can help you get your transfer approved. In this article, we will go over how to write a transfer request letter step by step and provide examples to guide you craft your own.
What is a Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch?
When an employee wishes to transfer from one branch to another within the same company, he or she must submit an employment certificate and request letter for transfer to another branch. Furthermore, the branches could be in the same city/region, elsewhere in the country, or even in another country. The transfer letter is typically sent to the company’s Office of Human Resources.
Common Reasons Why You Should Write a Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch
Here are a few common reasons why you ought to write a transfer request letter to another branch:
- Due to family or personal reasons
- Due to marriage and childbirth
- Due to spouse’s job relocation
- Due to educational purposes
- Due to medical reasons
Steps for Writing a Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch
To write a transfer letter of request, follow the steps below:
- Begin with a formal greeting
Begin your letter with a formal salutation such as “Dear Ms/Mr/Mrs[Last name of your manager or supervisor].”
- Mention the letter’s purpose
The purpose of writing a transfer letter is explained in the introduction. Mention your position, the name of the company, and the department or city to which you want to transfer.
- Explain why you want to be transferred
Mentioning the reason strengthens the credibility of your application. However, your reasoning does not have to be explicit, and you can summarize it in a single sentence.
- Mention your previous employment with the company
Outline your work history with the organization and how your contributions have helped its growth. You can even mention any notable achievements you have had while working for them.
- Write a conclusion
Thank and appreciate the recipient for their time and consideration at the end of your letter. You can even include a positive statement about your current job and your positive experience there.
- Include your curriculum vitae
While it is not required, including your CV is a great method of reminding management of your skills, achievements, and qualifications. However, ensure that your CV is up to date and that it is tailored to the job role you are applying for.
What to Include in a Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch?
The following are the most important details to include in the request:
- Your current position title
- Term of employment
- The location/name of the branch where you are currently employed
- The location/name of the branch where you want to go
- A brief explanation of the reasons for your request
Sample and Template
To help you in writing your own letter, here is an example and template that can serve as a guide throughout the writing process.
Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch Template
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
Dear [Recipient’s name],
I am writing to express my desire to transfer my position from [company] to a similar position at [company] in [city]. My husband was recently transferred to [city], and I intend to join them.
It’s been a pleasure working here for the past years. I’ve gained a lot of knowledge and insight.
I have enclosed an updated resume for your consideration. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
Request Letter for Transfer to Another Branch Example
123 Main Road St.
Oceanside, NY 02341
February 01, 2022
Head of Human Resources
009 St. Main Way
Oceanside, NY 17623
Dear Ms. Anderson,
I am writing to express my desire to transfer from ABC Company to XYZ Inc. in Philadelphia in a similar position. My wife was recently transferred there, and I plan to join them.
It’s been a pleasure to work here over the years. I’ve learned a lot and gained a lot of insight.
I’ve attached an updated resume for your review. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
- Request Letter for Bank Statement
- Request Letter for Employment Certificate
- Request Letter for Business
- Request Letter for Financial Assistance
- Request Letter for Appointment
- When an employee chooses to transfer from one branch to another within the same organization, he or she must submit a request letter for transfer to another branch.
- Mentioning the purpose of your request letter may strengthen your application’s credibility.
- Outline your experience with the organization and how your contributions have aided its growth.
- Express your gratitude and appreciation for their time and consideration at the end of your request letter.