Bank statements are required in business operations to prepare ledgers and ensure account balances including the request to increase credit limit. It provides clear information on credits and debits to avoid misunderstandings in bank transactions. Bank statements can also be used to spot any inconsistencies in business transactions.
Furthermore, a bank statement is useful for keeping track of bank transactions. It is also necessary to request bank statements on a regular basis for record-keeping and financial statement preparation.
To craft your own request letter, we provided a step-by-step guide together with its samples and templates that can be useful along with the progress.
What is a Request Letter for Bank Statement?
Basically, it is a formal document in which you will request the bank statement for specific dates and use them for a variety of purposes such as submitting the salary bank statement before starting a new job, visa processing, applying for government or bank exams, and so on.
Previously, bank statements were printed on paper and distributed. However, more people are becoming acquainted with the use of online banking. As a result, they can view and download their bank statement for a specific time period via online banking.
Steps to Write a Request Letter for Bank Statement
- Thank the bank for its excellent customer service.
- Describe the reason for the bank statement request.
- Highlight important information such as your bank account number and account name.
- Keep it simple and to the point.
- Sign your name at the bottom of the letter.
- Mention whether your problem requires immediate attention and why.
- Include your postal or email address if you require an original copy.
- Use professional and polite language.
Elements of a Request Letter for Bank Statement
A bank statement request letter is a formal letter of business. It should have a formal format and include elements such as:
- The bank’s address
- The recipient, who is usually the Branch Manager
- A subject that outlines the nature of the request
- Explanation of your request
- Account details: Account name and number
- Other Information Required
- Your postal address
- Your contact details
- Your signature is required.
Sample and Template
Here is a template and sample letter for a request letter for a bank statement that you can use to customize a request letter to your bank manager.
Request Letter for Bank Statement Template
The Branch Manager
[Name of Account Holder]
Subject: Request for bank statement from Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:45:50 +0000 to Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:45:50 +0000
I am writing to request that you send me the bank account statement from Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:45:50 +0000 to Fri, 14 Apr 2023 12:45:50 +0000. I am a [account name] savings account holder at your branch [branch name]. My account number is [insert account number here]. I’m applying for a home loan, and I need to show the loan officer my bank account statement.
Please deduct any applicable fees from my account for the issuance of this bank statement. I have attached copies of my identity and address proofs for verification.
I would like to thank you for your cooperation.
[Name of Account Holder]
Request Letter for Bank Statement Example
The Branch Manager
Indian Overseas Bank
January 25, 2021
Ms. Karen Singh
Sector 3, Rohini,
Subject: Request to Issue Bank Statement
For the past three years, I have been a customer of Indian Overseas Bank. In your Mayur Branch, I have a savings account in the name of Karen Singh. My account number is 347892300282.
I completed my graduation in Delhi, India, and am now looking to further my education abroad. I need to submit my bank statement as a required document when applying to a foreign university. It is also required for visa processing. So, please issue my bank statement as soon as possible so that it can be submitted with the other required documents.
Thank you very much.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Request Letter for Bank Statement
- Request Letter for Employment Certificate
- Request Letter for Business
- Request Letter for Financial Assistance
- Request Letter for Appointment
- Bank statements must be requested on a regular basis for record-keeping and financial statement preparation.
- Emphasize important information such as your bank account number and name.
- Explain why your problem requires attention immediately.
- Keep your request letter for bank statements concise and simple.
- Use professional tone and language.