Growing children are full of energy. So much so, if this energy is not channeled productively it can lead to destructive behavior. Many parents blame this uncontrollable enthusiasm on the nature of their children. But it is not an individual case. Most children are constantly stimulated by the world around them which encourages them to go out and explore. Instead of scolding your kids and expecting them to quiet down, you should motivate them. They can use their energy in a way which will help them increase their skills.
One great way to do so is by sending your kids to scouts. If you have a little girl who is passionate and fun loving, girl scouts is the perfect place for her to channel her energy. This will make sure that your girls spend their time constructively and learn some skills which will support them for life.
In a girl scouts, your little girl will learn many important values. Some of them are –
- The ability to lead and develop self- esteem
- Learn the value of honesty and abiding by important rules for peace and harmony
- Understand justice and fairness
- Learn to have fun with responsibilities
- Work on social skills and communication skills
- Learn to challenge oneself and push outside the comfort zone
- Learn to work in a team and pursue common goals
- Understand the importance of managing and sharing resources
- Learn how to take responsibilities and assist others in need
There are many more such skills and life lessons that your girl will learn at scouts. There is another skill she will learn which will add greatly to all spheres of life. That skill is making a camping kaper chart. If you are looking for some great camping kaper chart template options, this article is for you. Look at these templates for example –
Example Template #1
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template # 2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template # 3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This article has more such template options to choose from. But first you should understand the meaning of a kaper chart and its importance.
Why Choose a Camping Kaper Chart Template
Perhaps you have been in the scouts when you were a child. You probably remember the important skills you learned in the camps. But be honest with yourself. It has been years since you revised or practiced most of those skills.
You may have materials for your scout days at home. But that is now your parent’s home. As an adult, you are constantly drowning in responsibilities. Do you think you can travel all the way to your parent’s house to fetch your scout materials? What are the chances that your parents even have the materials lying around in the attic or the basement? Those chances are few.
In that case, you do not have to worry. There are some great options for kaper chart templates available online. This article itself has many templates for you to choose from. Save your time and efforts and put them into raising your family or flourishing in your career. For your girl’s scout requirements this article has got you covered.
What is a Camping Kaper Chart Template
Think of a “Kaper” chart as a chart of responsibilities. In girl scouts the members (or troops) are divided into functioning groups. Every group has collective responsibilities and every trooper has an individual responsibility. A kaper chart keeps track of what a troop or member has to do over a course of time. In essence, a kaper chart is a chart of chores for the little girls.
Using a kaper chart from the very beginning of the camping experience can set the right tone for the rest of the scout days. It will instil a habit of leading an organized life where every girl must fulfil her responsibilities. This is after all a key value that scout teaches its little troopers.
What are the uses of a Camping Kaper Chart Template
A kaper chart ensures that each group or member is on their toes with the chores. Not only does it instil a habit for work and taking responsibilities, it also makes the girls social and become friends with each other. Most activities in a girl scouts involves teamwork and coordination. Even kaper responsibilities reflect this sentiment of group work.
Before engaging in the fun activities that all the girl scouts love and enjoy, camp coordinators ensure that the groups have finished their kaper chores first. In case there is a clash because of timing, the schedule can be adjusted. This is another important value that the girl scouts learn with the help of camping kaper charts. Even as little girls one should know that plans can undergo changes. The best course of action under such circumstances is to adapt and move on.
The chores or responsibilities mentioned on a kaper chart are changed on rotation. Some days a different girl will carry out other responsibilities. This ensures variety so that the girls do not get bored doing the same thing over and over again. Also, it introduces girls to each other and increases their social networking skills.
Some responsibilities which can be entrusted upon little girl scouts include –
- Welcoming guests
- Distributing snacks and treats after activities
- Cleaning managers – all girls clean but those assigned with the responsibility ensure that the job is done properly
- Distributing supplies during activities
- Maintaining order during exterior excursions
Here are some more great examples of kaper charts –
Example Template #4
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Characteristics of a Great Camping Kaper Chart Template
An efficient camping kaper chart must contain the following information. Without these details the girl scouts will not be able to fulfil their responsibilities and complete their chores. These key details are –
- Tasks – This means listing out all the chores and responsibilities that little girls can carry out without much stress. Your kaper chart should mention all the chores clearly so that the girls can read the jobs without any confusion. You do not want a girl to make up excuses based on the chart design.
- Groups and Names – Against every chore or task you should mention the name of the group or the girl who is responsible for executing that responsibility. Of course, this will change on a regular basis.
- Duration – Usually, a kaper chart lasts for a week. You should divide all the chores day-wise so the girls will know exactly what they need to do and when.
Here are some more examples of kaper chart templates –
Example Template #7
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template # 7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for a Camping Kaper Chart Template
Since this is for enthusiastic little girls, your kaper chart should reflect the same energy. A visually stunning chart will motivate the girls to look at it. In fact, when a chart is colourful and attractive, kids do not dread the thought of all the chores they need to do. It serves as a hack to get the girls to do their jobs well without much fuss.
Design and Color
Here are some pointers –
- Make it Visually Appealing – You can include nice images and pictures to make your chart attractive. Here is a good idea, instead of just mentioning the names of the girls against a particular chore, you can also use their miniature photograph.
- Make it Colorful – Use some interesting colors in the background to make it look appealing. You can try a combination of blue, red, pink and purple. A plain white chart seems like a document, which will bore the children. They will be more reluctant to read the chart if it is dull-looking.
- Use Stickers – Make the chart interactive. You can use stickers or nails to add images or other elements to the chart. For example – When it comes to reviewing jobs, you can add a sunshine sticker next to the top performer of the day. There are endless ways to experiment with this.
Check out more great template examples mentioned below –
Example Template #10
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #13
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Text Font Style
Your font style should be as colorful and fun as the design of your chart. Experiment with different creative font styles to write the names of the chores. You can apply the same approach with a different font to write the names of the girls or groups. Just make sure that whatever font you use, you do not sacrifice legibility. After all, the girls need to be able to read what is written in order to follow the rules and regulations.
Check out these amazing template options for kaper camping charts –
Example Template #14
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #16
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #17
Download Camping Kaper Chart Example Template #17 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
A girl scouts is an important coming of age event which teaches young girls many great values. Not only do they transform little girls into more responsible and skilled people, it also ensures they have fun doing it.
A kaper chart is one of the best ways to instil commitment, responsibility and dedication in young girls. Start using it from day one of girl scouts.
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Make the chart colorful and vibrant. Do not use dull white and black combination
- Encourage the girls to fulfil their responsibilities
Things Not to Do –
- Use dull font styles. Write in style but ensure your words are legible
- Give too many responsibilities to the girls. Remember, they are also there to have fun