A banner can come in handy for a variety of purposes. Whether they are physical or digital in nature, banners are a great tool for promotion. This promotion could be for anything from the sale of a product to the announcement of a wedding. A well-designed banner can handle the marketing or announcement of any event with ease and efficacy.
Many factors go into determining the success of a banner. Elements like the color palette, the visual imagery used and the written messages (information) can decide whether a banner will fulfil its objective or not. All these elements will be discussed in detail in the following sections. But when it comes to digital banners there is an additional factor which can make a world of difference. That factor is the image format.
Think of image format as the type of fabric or paper on which the banner will be printed. Image format affects both the size and quality of the banner and the visuals on it. Some of the more popular image or vector formats include WMF (Windows Metafile), EPS (Encapsulated PostScript), CDR (CorelDRAW) and PDF (Portable Document Format). There is also a line of Adobe specific vector formats called AI (Adobe Illustrator Artwork). These files include formats like JPEG (Joint Photographic Experts Group), GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) and PNG (Portable Network Graphics).
There is another type of vector format which is popular globally. That format is SVG. Here are a few examples of banner template SVG –
Template Example #1
Download SVG Banner Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #2
Download SVG Banner Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #3
Download SVG Banner Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
In this article you will explore some great banner template SVG. In addition to that, you will learn the basic characteristics of a great looking banner.
What is SVG
SVG is an acronym for Scalable Vector Graphics which is a vector image format that stores 2D graphics, supporting animation and interactivity. It is based on XML (Extensible Markup Language). As the name suggests, Vector images in the SVG format are capable of being scaled in size without risking the loss of overall image quality. The SVG format is also easy to work with. It can be easily searched, scripted, indexed and compressed. The first SVG version was launched in the year 2001 by W3C (Word Wide Web Consortium).
There are many benefits of using banner template SVG and other images in the SVG format. Some of these benefits are listed below –
- They are Small and Free – The SVG format is now the industry standard being which is used extensively in online applications and web design. A quick online search will give you access to many downloadable SVG content (like images and animations). The reason for its popularity lies in its small size which is highly scalable. This allows the user to resize the SVG image as per their requirement without sacrificing the image quality.
- Supreme Quality – SVG images can be scaled to any size without dropping the overall quality of the visual. This is why you will find most company logo icons in the SVG format. You can readjust the size of the logo as per the medium without any worries.
- Great Sharpness – SVG format adapts to your device effortlessly regardless of the pixel density of the screen. An SVG image viewed on the computer screen will remain as sharp when seen on the mobile screen. This is truly a case of “One size fits all”.
- Reduction in the Final Size – Anything uploaded online occupies some space. But some vector images take up less space than others. An SVG file can be scaled back by 150 per cent and fit into any dimension without the loss in visible pixels.
- Perfect for Images and Graphics – Whether you require Clipart, images, icons or illustrations, the SVG format will give you great quality with less space occupied. No matter how you use your SVG image, it will always remain clean and sharp.
- Easy Editing – When it comes to changing the color of your images, it is much easier to change the color of an image in the SVG format. This makes SVG a very versatile vector format.
Why Choose Banner Template SVG
If you are still not convinced by the benefits of banner template SVG, this section will draw the last nail in.
Depending on the type of event or product you are promoting your banner will vary a lot. On the professional front, some clients may want an entirely original banner template which has never been used before. In that case you would be better off hiring a graphic designer. But for personal or semi-formal purposes you should definitely check out the ready made banners available online.
The reasons to do so is because banner template SVG available online are already complete. All you need to do is type in the details and make changes in the placement of images (if necessary). This will save you a lot of time. You can use that time by focusing on the event or the occasion itself, or by taking a break from your tiring schedule.
Another benefit of using online banner template SVG is that most of these templates are absolutely free. Not only will you save time but also your money. If you doubt the quality of banner template SVG available on the web then do not worry. Here are some great options to choose from –
Template Example #4
Download SVG Banner Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #5
Download SVG Banner Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #6
Download SVG Banner Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Now it is time to explore some fundamental characteristics of a good banner.
Characteristics of a Great Banner Template SVG
Whether you choose a banner template SVG or in any other vector format, the following basics will remain the same. A good banner must contain these details to be meaningful and effective –
- The name of the event or the product
- The time, day and date of the event or the launch
- The venue or location of the event (Mention the whole address)
- In case of a product, mention where the viewers can buy it from.
- Any special instructions (like special offers, pricing or dress code in case of an event)
- Contact information for any queries, complaints or suggestions
You may also choose to add a smart or clever phrase that complements your event or product. But keep it simple and short. However, the details mentioned above should definitely be there on the banner.
Here are some more good examples of banner template SVG.
Template Example #7
Download SVG Banner Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #8
Download SVG Banner Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #9
Download SVG Banner Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #10
Download SVG Banner Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Use of Design and Fonts
Moving on to the look of your banner, the key things to keep in mind are the design and the text font.
The design of your banner should be simple and effective. This does not mean your banner cannot be creative or experimental. In fact, you should think outside the box to score originality points.
So what does “simple” mean in the context of design? It means the elements of your design should be spaced out well with proper alignment. Also, you must avoid overcrowding. Too many images or visuals will distract the viewer. It will look distasteful and discourage the readers from viewing your banner in its entirety.
Another important thing you should take care of is the color palette. Your banner template SVG should have thematic colors. It is not about less or more colors but how you use them to make the banner look good. Experiment with complementary and contrasting colors to see what works. For example, to highlight key points you should make use of contrasting colors. But if your intention is to blend (in) then complementary colors are the way to go. Keep an open mind and always consult your colleagues or friends before making the final decision.
Here are some creative examples of banner template SVG –
Template Example #11
Download SVG Banner Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #12
Download SVG Banner Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #13
Download SVG Banner Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Font style is very important. A good font can make your messages very impactful. A creative font style makes the information on your banner look attractive. But remember, there is a fine line between being creative and looking jarring. Before trying new font styles always check for legibility. You banner will be of no use if it cannot convey the information clearly.
Some good fonts for a banner include – Source Serif Pro, Volkhov, Allura, Advent Pro, Playfair Display, Open Sans and Rock Salt among others. Here are few more examples of banner template SVG –
Template Example #14
Download SVG Banner Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #15
Download SVG Banner Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #16
Download SVG Banner Example Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
Choosing a banner template SVG is great because SVG is a highly versatile and scalable format. Regardless of the size of your banner, an SVG format will fit to any length without sacrificing quality.
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Use images smartly and space them out
- Deploy the appropriate colors which complement the overall theme
- Take feedback from the people you trust (colleagues, friends, family etc.)
- Experiment and push for originality
Things Not to Do –
- Sacrifice legibility over style. The viewers should be able to understand what is written on your banner
- Paste too many images or visuals as it takes away the emphasis on key points and important information
- Stick with safe and boring formats