Digital distribution platforms like Spotify have become all the craze these days. With Spotify, music lovers are able to discover new artists through their friends’ activities, curated playlists, algorithm recommendations, and artist picks. If you are an artist, this is an excellent platform for putting your music out there for people to hear. Spotify is not just a streaming service but it also pays the artists whenever their track is played. The key to being successful on the platform is to get your tracks played over and over, instead of just once or twice. There are steps you can take to achieve this.
Instead of relying on the algorithm’s recommendations, you need to develop ways to capture the heart of the audience and win new followers. How you present your artist profile to the world plays a huge role in the audience’s perception of you as an artist. In this article, we will explore how you can make your Spotify artist profile more visually appealing by adding a banner/header. We will also provide you with some free downloadable Spotify banner templates that you can use.
How to Make Your Spotify Artist Profile More Appealing?
You can make your artist profile on Spotify more appealing by including elements that tell the audience something about it. In the bio section, you can explain what your music is about, a bit about your background, and something about your newest release. Don’t forget to include links to your social media page.
The next thing you have to do is add images to your artist profile to make it visually appealing for the audience. Spotify artists can add images in 3 different places –
- Main Image/Avatar: This is the main photo that is displayed to the listeners using Spotify on their smartphones. The avatar image is also displayed during the search.
- Gallery: The gallery can consist of around 6 images, and these images are usually displayed in the ‘About’ section of your profile on Spotify’s desktop version.
- Header/Banner: When listeners open the artist profile on desktop, they will be able to see your header/banner on top of the screen.
If you are able to use this header/banner image section correctly, you will be able to ensure that your profile stands out and is instantly recognizable. This can be done by using Spotify banner templates, which feature tasteful and vibrant graphics that capture the essence of your style. A good header/banner like the one below will help you in making a strong first impression. You can also use the same banner on other platforms like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter to maintain a consistent brand image of your music.
Template Example #1
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #2
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #3
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
What makes a Spotify good header/banner?
When adding a header/banner to your artist profile, it is important to take a few things into consideration.
1. Take note of your branding
Before choosing a Spotify banner template for your header, you need to first take note of the branding of your profile. Most likely, you will already have an avatar image in place. It is important to make sure that the header image goes well with the avatar image. The ultimate aim of this exercise is to achieve a cohesive look in your artist profile.
Template Example #4
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #5
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
2. Think about making an impression with your banner image
It is important to note that the header/banner image is usually more noticeable than the avatar image. This header would essentially determine the first impression of your profile. So it would prove useful to choose a Spotify banner template that makes this section stand out. You also have more leeway in designing the header/banner, owing to the larger size available.
Template Example #6
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #7
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
3. Choose a clean and strong design
When choosing a Spotify banner template, look for graphical images that have a strong and polished design. Make sure that these templates come with high-resolution images that stand out in your profile. However, you should also make sure that the graphics are not too overwhelming, making your artist profile look very busy. If the banner image has tightly-knit patterns with bold and bright graphics, you would end up blocking too much space in your profile. Look for a banner image that has a simple yet interesting design.
Template Example #8
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #9
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
4. Make sure that the size of the header/banner is right
When uploading a header/banner for your Spotify profile, make sure that the Spotify banner template you choose is of the correct size. According to the Spotify guidelines, the header/banner image should be 2660 pixels by 1140 pixels (minimum). By adhering to these dimensions, you can make sure that no part of your banner image gets stretched, cropped, or distorted.
5. Make sure that the template does not include any advertisement
The Spotify guidelines state that there should be no form of advertising on the banner/header image. Header/Banners with interesting graphics are quite strong by themselves. You can talk about your new music or releases in the bio section but refrain from adding anything to the header image.
Spotify Guidelines for Artist Images
When it comes to uploading images on the profile section, the Spotify guidelines should be taken into consideration.
- The artist should upload the images in .png .jpeg or .gif format.
- The minimum resolution of an avatar image should be 750 pixels by 750 pixels.
- The minimum resolution of the header image should be 2660 pixels by 1140 pixels.
- The images should not be bigger than 20 MB.
- The images should not contain offensive or infringing materials.
- The images should not contain advertising, textual information, or busy backgrounds.
- The images should not be used for the promotion of an upcoming album or tour.
- The images should comply with the Spotify copyright policy.
How to make the Spotify guidelines work to your advantage
According to the Spotify guidelines, the header should be 2660 pixels by 1140 pixels. This is a minimum figure, which means that you can always upload an image with a higher resolution. In fact, it would be advantageous to upload a higher resolution image, as it would certainly make your header look better.
Whenever you upload any image for the header on the platform, Spotify usually cuts away some portion of the image. You might be wondering why this happens. This is because of the size of the screen. It is possible that you are seeing the image from a full-screen browser, which cuts away a part of the screen. If you resize your computer screen, you will be able to see the full image. It can be safely concluded from this that the header/banner image is often resized. So the key is to use a slightly larger Spotify banner template.
Template Example #10
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #11
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #12
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Some Additional Spotify Banner Templates
Template Example #13
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #14
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Template Example #15
Download Spotify Banner Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Things that should be avoided
When making your artist profile on Spotify, you should try to be as authentic as possible. We have already covered the best practices of making an appealing artist profile on Spotify. Now, we will cover certain things that should be avoided when creating an artist profile and adding a header image.
- Clutter: It is very important to avoid using images that have chaotic imagery or things that the audience might find off-putting. You do not want to create a sensory overload with your header image. Try to avoid images with too many focal points or colors. Although they might appear appealing initially, they can look sloppy when uploaded to your profile.
- Not optimizing for mobile viewing: When you add the header/banner image, you would be doing that on the desktop. During this part, it is important to make sure to test out the image for mobile viewing. Ensure that important parts of the image are not cut off. This can be done by keeping sufficient buffer space.
- Not keeping the branding consistent: When you choose a Spotify banner template for your artist profile, make sure that it aligns with your branding. Try to ensure that it matches the color scheme of your avatar image in some way so that the entire look of the profile remains more cohesive.
How to update/add Spotify header/banner image
Artists can update or add a new header image on the Spotify web application. For this, they would have to –
1. Navigate to Spotify for Artists
2. Log in
3. Navigate to the Profile and click on the ‘Edit Profile’ option, which will be found above your name. This will bring up your profile on the web.
4. You will see a pencil icon on the top-right corner, which can be clicked to change/add the header.
5. Click on the ‘Update’ button to choose the Spotify banner template you have saved in your system.
6. Adjust the image and click on ‘Save’.
Your new Spotify banner will be uploaded!
With the great options of Spotify banner templates in this article, you will be able to add to the personality of your profile. These can be easily downloaded from the links given below the images.