For those of you who are lucky enough to have never broken a bone, the concept of X Ray may be something you have only heard of. But the truth is that the X Ray technique is used for many other purposes. Take for example – a trip to the dentist. If you have had messed up or misaligned teeth, your dentist has definitely taken an X Ray to determine the best course of action to straighten them. Older people who are suffering from an obstinate cough or chest congestion are also advised to get an X Ray done. You see, X Ray is the most reliable method of diagnosing certain internal conditions without having to cut open the body.
Whether you are a doctor, a lab technician or a patient about to undergo an X Ray, it is always good to stay informed. One of the best ways to learn about this technique is by understanding how an X Ray technique chart template works. This article will give you many great template options to choose from. Check out the examples below –
Example Template #1
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Before you explore more such types of template, learning about X Rays, their uses and the meaning of an X Ray technique chart template will certainly be worth your time.
Why Choose an X Ray Technique Chart Template
Nowadays technology offers you every piece of information you require on your fingertips. This includes medical resources as well. If you are a lab technician under training or a doctor still in the middle of their studies, you are probably pressed for time. Medical courses are very difficult to crack. Sometimes you can spend your entire day drowned in books, attending lectures and completing projects.
When your days are so hectic any amount of free time is precious. This is why you should take advantage of technology, especially the various tools internet has to offer. One way to look at this however is to create something from scratch so that you can learn it properly. That logic makes sense, but you have to eventually choose between a method that saves time and a technique which requires a lot of effort.
This is true for X Ray technique charts as well. Why would you build one from the very beginning when you can download awesome templates from the internet? It is advisable to save your time and energy for actual studying. So, the best course of action is to find X Ray chart template through online sources. This article is one such source.
What is an X Ray and X Ray Technique Chart Template
X Ray, also sometimes called X Radiation, is a high energy electromagnetic radiation known for its ability to penetrate objects. A typical X Ray falls between the wavelengths of 10 picometers and 10 nanometers. To give you a better idea, the wavelength of an X Ray is longer than the wavelength of gamma rays but shorter than those of UV (Ultraviolet) rays.
X Rays were discovered in the year 1895 by Wilhelm Rontgen, a professor of physics from Germany. He chanced upon it while conducting some experiments with Crookes tubes and Lenard tubes.
There many uses of X Rays. While most of you would be familiar with the medical applications of X Rays, there some non-medical uses as well. These are the purposes which X Rays fulfil in your life –
- They help in checking and analysing various symptoms in your body. Look at chest X Rays for example. An X Ray of your chest can reveal many things. By looking at your chest cavity, lungs and heart, a doctor can detect causes for conditions like constant congestion and shortness of breath. X Rays can also help in the detection of diseases like pneumonia and emphysema.
- Detecting and Confirming Bone Injuries – By using a fraction of ionizing radiation, X Rays can penetrate the soft tissues and check whether the bones are fine or not. It will create a scan of the body part which has been X-Rayed. A doctor can study this image to check whether the patient has broken or fractured any bones in the body. Since it does not require a lot of radiation, bone X Rays is one of the simple ways to use this technology.
- Mammography for Breast Cancer – Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer prevalent in women. According to some statistics, one out of three women is likely to be diagnosed with the deadly ailment once in their lifetime. In order to diagnose this fatal condition, doctors use X Rays. A machine emits X Rays which penetrate through the breast tissue and fall on a photographic film plate. This produces a photograph of the breast from inside, called a mammogram.
- Use in Dentistry – Teeth are similar to bones. A dentist will use mild X Rays to scan your teeth. This X Ray will produce a picture of your teeth. The dentist can study this to assess your oral health. In case of a problem, the dentist can take some necessary measures. X Rays can easily detect problems of cavities, tooth decay and loose teeth.
- Arthritis and Changes in the Joints – Using the technology of X Rays, a doctor can perform an arthrogram on your joints. Many complexities can affect your joints. There could be problems like ligament tear, bone fracture or cartilage damage. To detect such problems normal X Rays are not enough. You need something more powerful like an arthrogram which uses specialized X Rays.
- Security Checks – The luggage scanner at airports makes use of stronger X Rays to scan your luggage. X Rays used in body scans can only penetrate soft tissue. You need much more powerful X Rays to pierce through solid objects.
How to Create an X Ray Technique Chart Template
When it comes to taking X Rays of living subjects (such as human patients), the aim is to use a minimum dose of radiation to avoid damage to the tissues. Meanwhile, you must ensure that the image quality is maintained. An X Ray technique chart also requires some prior knowledge and skill to create. Luckily for you, you can go through the templates offered in this article, such as –
Example Template #4
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
But still, you should know what goes into an X Ray technique chart.
- You should first start with the smallest body part possible and work your way up from there. For example, start with the knee or elbow. This will help you understand the different bone sizes according to the patients reviewed.
- Take good quality images only. Poor quality images are difficult to read and can lead to misdiagnosis. If you are unsure, always refer your images to a radiologist for their opinion.
- Now you can do some preliminary and phantom trials to test your chart. Once you have learned to examine one part properly, use that knowledge to test other body parts. Write your observations down.
Characteristics of a Great X Ray Technique Chart Template
An X Ray technique chart is used for medical or educational purposes. Therefore, it must contain space for many technical information. The basics remain the same –
- Mention Details – This includes things like the patient’s name, age, gender. It will also include the name of the X Ray lab and the lab technician who is carrying out the X Ray. You need to check with your seniors if you should mention the name of the chief radiologist in your hospital.
- Mention all the Technical Information – Your chart must include important test details like – mA, kVp, time, focal spot size, SID, body part thickness, exposure indicator values and much more. Also remember to mention any factor that was changed in between two X Ray examination sessions.
Look at these examples for reference –
Example Template #7
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for an X Ray Technique Chart Template
As mentioned earlier, the purpose of an X Ray Technique Chart Template is to convey useful information. A doctor or radiologist will study this chart along with the X Ray to make a diagnosis. Therefore you cannot afford to make any mistakes on the chart.
Design and Color
- Keep it Simple – Do not use any fancy images, whatsoever. This chart is not meant to wow an audience. It is for a doctor to study. So keep it direct and factual.
- Tabular Representation – When presenting the data on the chart, use a table. Tabular representation looks neat and is very easy to follow.
- Keep the Information Concise – Do not start writing essays. Make your observations crisp and to the point.
Here are some examples –
Example Template #10
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #13
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Text Font Style
Only use simple font styles like Calibri, Verdana or Arial black. Do not use a font which will be hard to read and understand. Look at these examples below –
Example Template #14
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #16
Download X Ray Technique Chart Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Mention all the key metrics on the chart.
- Keep your observations precise and short
Things Not to Do –
- Use fancy images or font styles