When you set up an e-commerce business, managing it is never an easy job. While technology continues to change, the competition always remains fierce. In such a situation, it becomes important to test and optimize your e-commerce website consistently, and pay close attention to even the smallest details. Something as simple as an online sizing chart can make a huge difference in reeling in customers. An ineffective size chart often leads to disappointment in the customers. They might buy a clothing item with a lot of anticipation only to find that it does not fit them when they receive it.
A good size chart is not only beneficial for the shoppers, but also for the business owners, as it helps in reducing returns and increasing sales. To make a good sizing chart, it is important to provide the exact measurements and also more variety in terms of measurement. However, making a size guide is not as simple as it sounds. This is where a size chart template would come in useful.
What are size charts?
A size chart is added along with a product to display the size range and measurements for that product. Most online size charts for women contain the 4 basic measurements –
As for the men’s size chart, the basic measurements include –
- Sleeve Length
It also differs according to the garment it is provided for, for instance, bottom wear would come with measurements for waist, inseam, and length. Most brands also have an internal size chart, which is kept for more precise measurements of clothing items.
What makes a good size chart?
A good size chart will help you in ensuring that the customers are always satisfied with the product. You need to make sure that the size chart template you use is a good representation of your product line. Following are certain things that should be kept in mind when adding a size chat to your e-commerce website –
1. Make sure that the online size chart includes accurate sizing information. While the measurement for some products remains the same, for some others it varies from brand to brand.
Example Template #1
Download Size Chart Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This template can be used to make a brand-specific sizing guide for your product. You can use it to indicate the measurements for both the front and the back.
2. When you add a sizing chart template with a product, make sure that it shows the sizing information of that particular product. Adding a general size chart can often confuse the customers.
Example Template #2
Download Size Chart Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This template illustrates this point very well. You can add the template with the bottom wear products rather than adding a general size guide.
3. It is important to make sure that the sizing information provided in the size chart template you add is easy to understand and also easy to use.
Example Template #3
Download Size Chart Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This size chart template is the perfect example of this point. The fonts and the color scheme used in this template make it easy to read. Besides, it also provides the customers with instructions for correctly measuring the garment.
4. Make sure that the sizing information you add to the page is simple and obvious. The sizing guide should not be hidden at the bottom of the page where the customer would not be able to spot it. It is important to make it stand out.
5. The size information you provide should be relevant for people from different regions, especially if you are planning to sell your products internationally.
Example Template #4
Download Size Chart Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This size chart template for womenswear provides size conversion for different regions.
6. Another way to make your size guide stand out to the customers is by including customer reviews mentioning the size and fit of the garment. You can ask your customers to leave a review whether the clothing fits as expected or one would have to order a size up or down.
7. Make sure that the sizing information is gender-based. The measurements are essentially designed to provide the best fit to your customers. Even if you have a unisex product it is important to provide sizing details for both men and women.
Example Template #5
Download Size Chart Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This size chart template provides the measurements and sizing details for both men and women, and also includes a section for kids’ sizes.
8. You can also use size chart templates that use photographs of live models wearing the product. This will allow the customers to get a more realistic view of the product. This template for t-shirts is a fine example of this, as it provides size information for both adults and kids besides an image of a model wearing the model.
Example Template #6
Download Size Chart Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
9. You can also ask your customers to post a photo wearing the product in the reviews. The potential customers will be able to know about the different body shapes better and make a better choice in ordering the size.
10. For providing more accurate sizing to the customers, it is important to go beyond the usual measurements for chest, waist, hip, shoulders, etc. By providing more comprehensive measurement and sizing details, you will allow the customer to make a better choice. The following size chart template gives more detailed indications for measurements.
Example Template #7
Download Size Chart Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
You can also attach a custom size guide with the following template to provide more thorough information about your brand sizing.
Example Template #8
Download Size Chart Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
When choosing a template for your size guide, the determining factors should be – accuracy and ease. If you add templates with a more interesting design, color scheme, and varied fonts, they will certainly stand out on your page. If you are able to fulfill the above-mentioned criteria, it will be reflected in the success of your sales.
Some Other Size Chart Templates
If you are looking for a more varied size chart template selection, then worry not. We have you covered. Here is a list of size chart templates for different kinds of products –
1. This template for a men’s t-shirt uses a minimalistic style to convey the sizing details and measurements.
Example Template #9
Download Size Chart Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
2. This size chart template is a more colorful variation of the one given above.
Example Template #10
Download Size Chart Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
3. This size chart template for a t-shirt gives a more comprehensive overview of the measurements. Besides providing the length and the width, it also provides the measurement for the sleeve, side seam, center front, center back, and shoulder drop, among others.
Example Template #11
Download Size Chart Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
4. This is a simplistic size chart design for women’s clothing. You can use this template to display both top and bottom wear measurements.
Example Template #12
Download Size Chart Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
5. This size chart template uses a real model to illustrate the measurements. It is a vibrant alternative to the template shown above.
Example Template #13
Download Size Chart Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
6. This size chart template uses bold font choice and a minimalistic design to convey the measurements. The biggest plus is that it will be easy to read for the customers.
Example Template #14
Download Size Chart Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
7. This size chart template can be used for kidswear. It provides the size specifications for both girls and boys, and also for toddlers.
Example Template #15
Download Size Chart Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
8. This size chart template provides the measurement for men’s blazers in both cm and inches.
Example Template #16
Download Size Chart Example Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
9. If you want to provide a size guide for a hoodie, you can use this template to add the size details measurements of the product.
Example Template #17
Download Size Chart Example Template #17 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
10. This template can be used for providing the customers with instructions for measurement. After adding this to your site, you can add the measurement details for the chest, waist, and inseam.
Example Template #18
Download Size Chart Example Template #18 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Do online size charts help in boosting sales?
Adding size charts to your website can lead to higher returns. Sizing is very important in the e-commerce industry, and it is the deciding factor whether the customers reorder with your brand in the future. Following are some reasons why business owners should pay special attention to the sizing information they provide on their page –
1. Enhanced User Experience
Adding a size chart template to your page can markedly enhance the user experience (UX) on your e-commerce website. Satisfied customers are more likely to come back to your website to make a purchase.
2. Providing the desired fit
Adding accurate size charts can help the buyers in finding the right fit. When they are able to find the desired fit, they are less likely to request a return.
3. Brand Reputation
Providing helpful sizing guides can help in enhancing your brand’s reputation in the market. Customers who are pleased with your sizing and fit will naturally communicate to their peers, which will help in creating a buzz.
4. Increases sales
Adding a sizing chart can help you increase sales which you might have lost otherwise. A product description without a size chart is rendered useless.
It is evident that adding a size chart template to your website can help in increasing sales and reducing the rate of return. It will also encourage your customers to keep coming back to your website to purchase products.