Are you searching for a printable bus seating chart template? If yes, then look no further. This article will provide you with great template options. Look at these templates for instance –
Example Template #1
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Before you discover more such templates you should know a thing or two about bus seating charts.
Why Choose a Printable Bus Seating Chart Template
Understanding a bus seating chart can be of assistance to you whether it is for a school bus or public transport. When you know how to arrange the seating it makes the bus ride comfortable for the passengers and easy for you to manage. A great way to study bus seating arrangement is by running an assessment of your bus or buses. Then, after counting the number of seats, you need to draw blank boxes on a piece of sheet. Each blank box will represent a seat on the bus.
Then you must understand the demographics of your passengers. If you are in charge of school buses, you must know which standards your children study in. Knowing their class will help you guess their age and their approximate body size. In this context, body size refers to both weight and height. Based on this data you will be able to decide how you can seat the children comfortably in your bus.
Naturally, you can take the assistance of a friend or colleague to run these statistics. The idea of doing all this alone can be daunting to many. So do not fret too much and ask for help when you need it. In fact, you do not even have to draw a bus seating template on your own. These days you can find great options for bus seating templates on the internet. With just a few clicks you will encounter great templates to pick from.
Instead of spending your time trying to draw the seating arrangement neatly on paper, simply download a ready-made template from online sources. There are many choices available on the web. This article alone will provide you with a bunch of template options. Now you can save time and energy to focus on other important jobs or responsibilities. Or, you can use that free time to relax and feel fresh.
What is a Printable Bus Seating Chart Template
A bus seating chart is exactly like it sounds. This type of chart helps you in visualizing the seats available on a bus and how you can place your passengers for maximum comfort and convenience. Now you could create a bus seating chart from scratch and waste your precious time. Or, you can look for printable bus seating chart templates online and get started with planning and arranging. This article will advise you to take the latter route.
There are some important factors you should consider when it comes to bus seating charts. These factors will vary across passengers. If you have school children the chart will be slightly different. And if you are a grown adult traveling via public transport then the chart will again look different.
In case you are a passenger who is traveling long distances then you need to be comfortable during the ride. By long distances we are talking about bus rides that can take more than 10 hours. Here are some tips that will help you decide the best seat for you if you are traveling far –
- Double Checks – If you are booking a seat online, you should double check certain features available on the bus. You need to check if the bus is air-conditioned or not. If not, then check if the windows open. If you are traveling during day, check if the windows are tinted or at least have curtains. Inquire whether there is an in-built bathroom on the bus. If not, check the route and the number of times the bus will stop. For comfort and entertainment, ask if the seats recline and whether they have a TV or monitor screen on board to watch movies.
- Choose your Seat – Both window and aisle have advantages and disadvantages. A window seat offers you great views of the scenery outside. But if you wish to get up and use the rest room the passenger next to you will have to get up and vacate the seat first. So take all of this into consideration before deciding.
- How Far is the Movie Screen – Usually, a bus has one big screen towards the front of the bus. If you intend to watch a movie on your journey then make sure you are seated at the correct distance from the screen. If you are too close you will have to look up. This will sprain your neck. If you are too far you will not be able to see clearly. So if you really want to see a film on your bus journey, make sure you are seated somewhere in the middle.
- Distance from the Restroom – This is generally not a problem for many passengers. It is not like you have to walk a mile to reach the rest room even if you are seated at the opposite end of the bus. But you could have special needs which make you want to use the restroom more often than others. So make sure you are seated near the restroom.
- Time of Day – If you are travelling at night, the seat you choose will not make much of a difference. However, during day time it can make your journey comfortable or hell. Assuming the windows on the bus are not tinted and there are no curtains to draw, you need to then select the right seat. Ensure that it is not in the direction of the sun. Otherwise you might get burnt on your way.
What are the uses of a Printable Bus Seating Chart Template
A bus seating chart can help you place your passengers on the bus. It can be used for both local passengers and school children.
When it comes to carrying school children on the bus, there are a few things you should pay special attention to. This will enhance the passenger experience. Before going further you should know the basic seating pattern on a bus. A bus is usually divided into three parts – the front, the middle and the back. Since the front part is close to the engine it is most noisy of the three zones. The middle portion is slightly less noisy. The last part does not have the sound of the engine but is the most bumpy.
In order to make this seating arrangement possible, follow these steps –
- First, it should be noted that the children should follow the seating guidelines properly. They should only sit on their allotted seat. If they want to change seats they should bring the issue up with the bus supervisor.
- Allow a healthy discussion among students to pick the seats of their preference. Some children would be particular about where they are seated while some care more about sitting with their friends.
- If two children want the same seat the matter should be discussed in a polite manner. This should happen in the presence of a supervisor to prevent either party getting angry or aggressive.
- If possible, you can encourage the rotation of seats. This way the children will get to sit in a variety of places and no one will feel left out.
- It is important to keep children who do not get along, away from each other. They could get into a heated argument or worse, a fight. Prevent such situations by keeping enemies away from one another.
Here are some more examples of a bus seating chart template –
Example Template #4
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #7
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for a Printable Bus Seating Chart Template
When it comes to the look of your printable bus seating chart template, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.
To impact the look of your bus seating chart, you can toggle three aspects of a chart’s appearance. These are – design, color and font. You will explore each aspect in more detail.
Design and Color
As far as the design and color of your seating chart are concerned, follow these tips –
- Use a light color as the background – You will make notes and write notes on the seating chart. So ensure that the background is light in color. To be safe, use the color white.
- Use minimum imagery – At most, you can use the image of a bus. But do not add more images as it can make the chart look cluttered.
- Bus Details – Mention the name and number of the bus. If it is a school bus, mention the class as well.
Here are some more examples –
Example Template #10
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Text Font Style
To keep things readable, use a simple font style. Some good examples are Verdana, Times New Roman and Georgia.
Here are some more template options –
Example Template #13
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #16
Download Printable Bus Seating Chart Example Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
Use a simple font and ensure that the background is a light color.
Things Not to Do –
Use too many graphics or images as it will look distracting.