If you are looking for a plus delta chart template, this article will help you. Look at these templates for example –
Example Template #1
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
You will get the opportunity to explore more options as you go through this article.
Why Choose a Plus Delta Chart Template
You will learn in the upcoming sections how simple a plus delta chart is. Still, time is of the essence. Even ten minutes can make a world of difference. So save your precious time and download a good template online. These days you can find quality templates through digital sources. You do not have to make an extra effort in creating a chart from scratch.
Before you browse through more templates, you should understand what a plus delta chart is.
What is a Plus Delta Chart Template
A plus delta chart depicts the reaction of a user or viewer. It serves as the user’s feedback to an experience, event or activity provided by the host of the chart. The purpose of this feedback is to help the host company or client in learning new ways in which it can further improve its products or services.
Typically, a delta plus chart has two sides. The first side is the “plus” side. Reviewers can jot down all the positive feedback on this side. If they liked a product or service then the reviewers can write all the good points under the “plus” title. This will allow the host to learn what works for their customers or target audience. They might try to keep those likeable features intact or emphasize them for more growth and development.
The second side is the “delta” side. It is a more optimistic way of saying what did not work for the reviewer. But there is a catch. Instead of blatantly criticizing the product or service, reviewers offer suggestions. This is beneficial in two ways. First, the host gets new ideas to explore and upgrade their processes. Second, the reviewers feel engaged with the activity. The idea of their thoughts being appreciated motivates them to think harder and offer their best solutions.
What are the uses of a Plus Delta Chart Template
Usually, a plus delta chart consists of questions that the reviewers must answer. They can segregate their responses into either “plus” or “delta”. The questionnaire can either be distributed to individuals or addressed to a group of people as a whole unit.
You can use the plus delta chart to seek responses for anything. After a pitch in a business meeting you can secretly hand out or mail a plus delta chart to get the feedback of all those who were present. When you test a product by allowing a focus group to try and test the product, a plus delta chart can come in handy. Forget very formal or corporate setups. You can also use this method to seek the feedback of students on a school’s curriculum and teaching method.
The way to conduct a plus delta chart survey is easy. You can either ask participants to respond individually, or collect a group of people and display the chart through a projector. In the latter method you can organize a healthy debate between participants where people can brainstorm for better delta reviews.
The reason why this method works well is because it does not encourage negative sentiments. By not asking the participants to give negative reviews you keep their mood light. Research shows that people make more rational decisions in a stable mood. The idea behind “delta” is to encourage people to contribute to a better product or service instead of trying to destroy it.
Look at these examples of plus delta chart template –
Example Template #4
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Characteristics of a Great Plus Delta Chart Template
There is not much you need to add to a plus delta chart. Some basic information should be mentioned. The rest depends entirely on your creativity and the nature (theme) of what is being reviewed. Follow these basic instructions to prepare your plus delta chart template –
- Stick to a Simple Format – The primary objective of a plus delta chart is to understand what went right and what improvements can be made. Keep these two categories in mind when looking for a good plus delta chart template. Essentially, your format should consist of two columns, one for plus and the other for delta. These two features are crucial. You should add space for more information (which will be discussed later) but without the plus and delta column your chart is totally ineffective.
- Contact Information – It is wise to record the contact details of the reviewers or participants. There are plenty of advantages in doing so. You can contact these participants for another feedback after implementing some improvements in your products or services. Asking participants to fill out personal details gives you some great insight into consumer behavior. To make the most out of this ask participants to share details like their age, gender, nationality, ethnicity, occupation and any other socio-economic background related questions. If a participant refuses to divulge any of the above mentioned details please do not force them. Respect their decision. Do not worry; many participants will not hesitate in sharing their information with you.
- Instructions and Other Details – In a group setting an invigilator can explain the participants what to do with the plus delta forms. But if you are sending everyone a digital copy you will need to mention the instructions on the chart itself. The participants will not know what to do with the chart otherwise. Some other details that could go on the form include the name of the company conducting the surveys. Generally, this type of form does not reveal the client or the company whose product or service is being reviewed. Such information can influence a participant’s response resulting in a less objective feedback. You should also mention your contact details in case the participants have any queries, complaints or suggestions.
Here are some more examples of plus delta chart template –
Example Template #7
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for and Plus Delta Chart Template
As mentioned earlier, a plus delta chart does not require many elements. But some extra details could make your chart look more attractive. This could also be a factor in convincing people to participate in the surveys. To create the look of your plus delta chart pay attention to three elements – Design, Color and Font.
Design and Color
The most important information on the chart are the two columns – plus and delta. Once you have sorted them out you can focus on decorating your chart. Follow these simple tips to get started –
- Logos – You can display the logo of your company (the one taking the survey). Another option is to show an image of the product which is being reviewed. In case of a service or an event go for images which represent them. For example, if the service is finding jobs for teenagers then show the image of a young man / woman smiling. If an event like marathon running is being reviewed then use the image of a runner.
- Alignment and Arrangement – You must be careful with the number of images put on the chart. Keep it simple and direct. If a single image does the trick, add no more. In case more pictures are required, try to get the job done with 3 or 4 pictures. You would ideally not need more pictures than that. Too many images will distract the reviewers or participants. Also, make sure that the plus and delta columns take center stage. The images should be placed around the corners. Leave the most space for the review.
- Background Color – The images you use on the chart can be colorful. But be wary of the background color. Be safe and opt for a white background. If you must experiment, go for a very light shade of cool colors (like blue or green). The color of your background may not add anything to the chart’s appeal. So do not waste much time on it.
Text Font Style
The plus delta chart collects valuable information which can make or break a product or a service. Your participants should be absolutely clear regarding the instructions typed on the chart. For this reason avoid fancy font styles like the plague. Simplicity is the best policy in this case.
Go for basic styles like Verdana, Calibri, Times New Roman, Arial, Bell MT, Courier New, Georgia and so on. These styles score high in legibility and don’t look so bad either.
Check out these template options –
Example Template #10
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #13
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download Plus Delta Chart Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
The plus delta chart is a very useful tool in improving a company’s product or service. To make this method as effective as possible keep things simple and direct.
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Mention the instructions on how to use a plus delta form / chart
- Place the plus and delta columns in the center of the chart. Provide most of the space to these columns
Things Not to Do –
- Use fancy fonts. Keep things simple and readable.
- Use too many images. Too many cooks spoil the broth.