If you are looking for flip chart templates, this article will guide you. Check out these templates for example –
Example Template #1
Download Flip Chart Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Flip Chart Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Flip Chart Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Why Choose Flip Chart Templates
If you are searching for a good flip chart template, chances are you are engaged in some form of educational or corporate work. There are many responsibilities you must fulfil in either sector. When it comes to the field of education, as an educator you need to invest in preparing for your different classes. You must execute various other administration related duties at school or training center. On top of all that, you also need to correct papers, homework and assignments on a regular basis. In short, you mostly have your plate full with various jobs.
If you are in the corporate sector, your list of duties and responsibilities will vary greatly according to your department. Your role will also depend on the project you are currently working on. Regardless of your set of duties, you will clearly be booked and busy doing multiple things. On top of that, you must eventually take some time off to run many personal errands and chores. You may also have a family to take care of.
Given these situations, do you think it is possible for you to perform every task to the best of your ability? Sadly, the answer is no. At the end of the day you are a human being with limitations and confined willpower. In that case you should delegate the jobs which do not require your complete focus.
This applies to all basic jobs which can be done by anyone with a brain. They do not require special skills or expertise to execute. So when it comes to making presentations, you will have to do your own research and refine your skill to speak in public convincingly. But the more mundane tasks like making a slide show presentation can be delegated to a junior or an intern. In case you plan to use a flip chart for your presentation, this article will give you many options to choose from.
Save your precious time and energy to make an amazing presentation. Do not worry. There are many amazing templates available online for you to download. Look at these template options for example –
Example Template #4
Download Flip Chart Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Flip Chart Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This article will offer you many more such templates. But first you should learn about flip charts and what they are primarily used for.
What are Flip Chart Templates
A flip chart is a presentation tool that comes in the form of a large pad made of paper sheets. A real live flip chart is actually a stationary item which needs the support of a tripod in order for you to show the contents of the flip chart. The reason it is called a flip chart is because to switch to the next page you must flip the current page over and push it behind the chart. Thus you reveal the next page to the audience.
While flip charts can be purchased in stationary shops, you can still use a flip chart template for your digital presentation. There are many flip chart templates available online. It gives your presentation a different look and appeal.
There are many types of flip charts. Some of them are mentioned below –
- Easel Stand – Also known as metallic tripod, an easel stand typically consists of 3 or 4 legs which are made of metal. These legs are connected to each other at one point, called the extremity. In order to support the large paper pad, a support board is added. This support board is held by 2 of the supporting metallic legs. An easel stand is the most common type of flip chart stand used anywhere.
- Stand Alone Flip Chart – This type of flip chart looks like a big isosceles triangle. Think of a book which can be opened at an angle of 270 degrees and then laid on a table. When you flip a page over on a stand alone flip chart, it goes from one side of the triangle to the other side.
- Metallic Flip Chart on Wheels – As the name suggests, this type of flip chart is mounted on one or two legs or stands. These legs are in turn supported by a set of wheels which allows the stand to move as per requirement. The advantage of using a metallic flip chart on wheels is that you can easily pull it around the office premises. Otherwise, you would have had to carry the flip chart along with the stand which usually requires at least 2 people.
History of Flip Charts
It is beneficial to learn a little about the history of flip charts. According to some research, flip charts have been in use for presentations since the early 20th century. To prove this, a picture of the flip chart in use exists from the year 1912. In the picture you can see the CEO of NCR, Mr. John Henry Patterson use a flip chart to address a meeting at the 100 Point Club. This is one of the earliest known records of flip chart use.
However, that old flip chart was held on casters. The modern lightweight flip chart which consists of paper and pages was invented somewhere around the 1970s. The credit of the invention goes to the CEO and founder of Nobo plc, Peter Kent. Nobo plc was a visual communications company group. According to some reports, Nobo plc was the first company to use large sheets of paper on a whiteboard, the quintessential way of using flip charts for presentations these days.
In the modern era, digital flip charts have entered the market. These charts are actually electronic devices which type out every word that they are instructed to record. Some charts can be controlled remotely with the help of a controller. For people with disabilities, such inventions are a breakthrough. They enable them to live with dignity and get the job done. Many digital flip charts come with mechanical legs or stand. You can adjust the height of the stand with the push of a button, without making any adjustments manually.
What are the uses of Flip Chart Templates
When it comes to physical flip charts, presenters usually use a marker pen to write the contents of their presentations. They may even choose to take printouts of certain graphs, charts or statistics which can be pasted over one of the sheets attached to the flip chart. To continue to the next page, the presenter can flip the current page over and reveal the next page. For digital flip charts, messages can be typed through a computer which is connected to the flip chart.
The back of a page used in flip chart does not face the audience. Rather than keeping it blank some presenters decide to make their notes on the backside. Since the back of a page is only visible to the presenter, he / she can make their notes and crosscheck them anytime they want.
Here are some of the purposes fulfilled by the use of flip charts –
- For any type of presentation in which the pages of a flip chart are already filled with information which can be presented. This means you would have prepared the flip chart beforehand. You could have either written the contents by hand or taken printouts and stuck them to the flip chart.
- To make a note of important pointers discussed in a meeting or a brainstorming session.
- To teach students in school or any training institute.
- In manufacturing plants, a flip chart can be used to record relevant information.
- To serve as a drawing board for Fine Art students to practice on.
- To work as a palette for students who are practicing the art of drawing real, live objects or people.
- To teach strategy to students or players of a sport or competition.
There are many ways in which a flip chart can be used. Do not limit yourself by the list mentioned above. Think when and where you can make use of a flip chart.
Here are some more examples –
Example Template #6
Download Flip Chart Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #7
Download Flip Chart Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Flip Chart Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for Flip Chart Templates
When it comes to the look of your digital flip chart templates, it is best to keep things simple.
Design and Color
A flip chart should have white pages. The color white is the safest option when it comes to representing data. As far as imagery is concerned, use only those visuals which are required in the presentation. Outside the flip chart, use minimal imagery only.
Here are some examples –
Example Template #9
Download Flip Chart Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #10
Download Flip Chart Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Flip Chart Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Flip Chart Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Text Font Style
When you are typing your content, ensure that your font style is legible. Your audience should be able to understand your presentation clearly. Use safe font styles like Calibri and Verdana.
Here are more template options –
Example Template #13
Download Flip Chart Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download Flip Chart Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download Flip Chart Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #16
Download Flip Chart Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #17
Download Flip Chart Template #17 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Use a white background for the chart
- Use easy-to-read font styles
Things Not to Do –
- Use too many images outside the chart as it can distract the audience members.