If you are looking for a great activities chart template this article will help you in finding it. To begin with, look at these examples –
Example Template #1
Download Activities Chart Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Activities Chart Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Activities Chart Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
In the following sections you will get more interesting template options to choose from.
Why Choose an Activities Chart Template
Downloading a ready-made template online is a smart move. It will save you time and effort. All you need to do is enter your information and data into the template. Then you are good to go.
What is an Activities Chart Template
Think of an activity chart as a breakdown of all the steps and processes involved in the execution of a particular action. For example, the process of putting a product in the shelf of a superstore could contain the following steps or activities –
- Collecting raw materials for production
- Manufacturing the product
- Scanning finished products through quality assurance
- Storing the finished products before transportation
- Transporting the product from the factory to the market
- Assigning an isle and a shelf to the product in the superstore.
The steps mentioned above would qualify as an activity chart of “putting a product in the shelf of a superstore”. Of course, each one of these steps could have an individual activity chart. Activity charts can be used to describe all processes, whether they are carried out by humans, software or machines.
There are many benefits of using an activity chart. When you take a microscopic view of the steps involved in a particular activity or event, the very fine details come into view. This can help you find nuanced problems which otherwise might evade your attention. By solving such unsightly problems you end up managing the process well and improving both efficiency and productivity.
You will also be able to assess where in your process you require changes or updates. Sometimes, you may even discover a step which is completely unnecessary. Deleting it would increase your output and lead to a less complicated functioning.
What are the uses of an Activities Chart Template
As mentioned earlier, activities chart can be handy for all purposes and processes. Here are some fields where activities charts are broadly used –
- Industrial and Corporate Fields – Activities charts are used extensively in the commerce industry. They help leaders and managers in visualizing the efforts and strategies required to execute an order or a plan of action. In case of problems or setbacks, an activity chart can help business people to scan the entire process and locate the problem area. When you have a breakdown of your major tasks it becomes easier to troubleshoot errors.
- Medical and Health Industry – In sports science and nutrition, activities chart can help athletes and fitness enthusiasts in tracking their progress. A proper breakdown of exercises and activities can assist athletes in understanding the amount of training they require as a whole. This is complemented with proper dietary intake, which is also tracked with an activities chart. Those who are into fitness can visualize what they eat in a day along with their daily caloric and nutritional intake from their first meal to their last.
- Computer Science and Software – Information Technology experts and software engineers rely heavily on activities chart. They use it to understand every step involved in computing a particular system or mechanism. Engineers understand software protocol (The interaction between different components) better with the help of activities chart. An activity chart can also be used to breakdown an algorithm for better control over a complicated code. Without this chart, software engineers and coders can spend hours trying to scan through their code.
- Education and Productivity – For those who like to live a disciplined and productive life, activities charts are extremely useful. You can use them to understand how your day goes so you can control the number of things you do. Once you are aware of what you do and how long you do them, you can easily remove tasks and add the ones you need. The only thing you need then is a drive to stick to the plan.
Here are some interesting examples of an activities chart –
Example Template #4
Download Activities Chart Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Activities Chart Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download Activities Chart Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #7
Download Activities Chart Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Activities Chart Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Characteristics of a Great Activities Chart Template
Due to their versatility, activities charts can be used for many purposes. This means that the details or information you put in them will vary greatly. However, some basic features of an activities chart will remain the same. These key basic traits of an activities chart are –
- Name of the Step – Whether you are working on a management process or a coding algorithm, you must name each and every step. Usually a single word would suffice. But if a step is comprised of multiple internal processes then go for a phrase. Do not make your names lengthy. At the end of the day an activities chart is a graphical representation of data. So control the amount of text you put in it.
- Description of the Step – You may choose to skip this step altogether and save more space. But if you prefer to mention it then be as a brief as possible. Decide whether every step needs an explanation. You may realize that only some complicated steps need to be further elaborated upon. But then again, if you are going to present the activities sheet in a meeting you might as well just talk about it. The choice is entirely yours.
- Basic Drawings – In an activities chart you describe how one step flows into the other until the last step (the final output). Making use of simple arrow symbols will make this point very clear. It is also possible that a single step may have multiple substitute steps. In which case, you can present them horizontally in the same pane, connected by a straight line. It is also advisable to use text boxes around the names and descriptions of the steps. This makes it easy for a viewer to differentiate between different steps.
- Illustrations and Graphics – Some templates might include icons, illustrations and images. In some cases, these graphics might work. However, you can also do without them. Again, the choice is entirely up to you.
Example Template #9
Download Activities Chart Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #10
Download Activities Chart Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Activities Chart Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Activities Chart Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #13
Download Activities Chart Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download Activities Chart Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Best Design and Fonts for an Activities Chart Template
When it comes to the appearance of your activities chart there is not much to worry about. Although it is a graphical representation, an activities chart main objective is to pass on the breakdown of important steps. Still, you may choose to work on the look of your activities chart if you are going to present it in a meeting. The emphasis in that case lies also on making the chart look good.
Design and Color
Try to keep the appearance of your activities chart simple, elegant and direct. Follow these tips to create an impactful yet informative activities chart –
- Minimal use of Imagery – An activities chart is supposed to guide the viewer through the nuanced steps involved in a process. Some steps could also be explained with the use of an image instead of words. But do not become too ambitious. Avoid the use of illustrations wherever you can. In some instances, images can confuse the viewer and render your activities chart useless. Also, abstain from using images purely for decorative or ornamental purposes. It will make your chart look immature and unprofessional.
- Plain Background – Unless you understand color palettes well and know how to mix and match colors, always go for a plain white background. This will maintain your chart’s legibility throughout the presentation. Some people might want to experiment a little and go for a background which complements the industry they are working for. It is best to not take such risks for a task as technical as an activities chart.
- Color Coding – Depending on the nature or impact of the steps, you can choose to use specific colors to depict them. For example, similar steps could have the same colored text boxes. Or a particular class of actions could be clubbed under the same hue of colors. This can also be applied to arrow signs and lines. Just do not use too many colors as it will look confusing. Limit yourself to four colors per chart.
Look at these designs for inspiration –
Example Template #15
Download Activities Chart Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #16
Download Activities Chart Template #16 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #17
Download Activities Chart Template #17 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Text Font Style
Keep you text font style as simple as the rest of your activities chart. Do not choose a fancy font style as it will compromise readability. Your aim is to transfer important information and not to impress the viewers with your visual aesthetics.
Some of the safest and most legible font styles include – Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, Verdana, Courier New, Cambria, Georgia, Bell MT and many more.
Take a look at these examples to get started –
Example Template #18
Download Activities Chart Template #18 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #19
Download Activities Chart Template #19 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #20
Download Activities Chart Template #20 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
An activities chart can help you make better plans and strategies. It works both as a planner and as a problem rectifier. Thanks to the invention of the web you can now download amazing templates and get started. You need not do all the work on your own. Instead, use that time to make a kick ass activities chart. Hope you found some useful templates in this article.