Websites these days offer many ways to customize and personalize your profile. This is very helpful in maintaining a unique presence amidst millions and millions of internet users from all corners of the world.
The online music community Soundcloud offers you the same features. Yet some of you may be confused where to start. This article will help you find the Soundcloud banner template you have been looking for.
Here are some interesting examples to get you started –
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
What is Soundcloud
Soundcloud is an online platform where users, bands and artists can share music and distribute other forms of audio. As a user you can create a personalized playlist with your favorite songs and use Soundcloud as a music streaming app. For creators (artists and bands) Soundcloud helps them upload their original music and reach out to audiences while building a strong fan base. As of 2021 Soundcloud receives around 76 million users every month. When it comes to artists, Soundcloud has over 30 million creators in its music community who have together uploaded over 265 million tracks as of 2021.
Established in the year 2007, Soundcloud was created by Eric Wahlforss and Alexander Ljung in Berlin, Germany. Currently it offers both paid and free memberships to listeners and creators alike. Soundcloud is also available across multiple platforms such as PC, Macintosh, Android, iOS and even consoles like Xbox.
Many investors have been supporting this online music community, including Twitter. Soundcloud has helped in launching the careers of many successful music artists. These include names like Doja Cat, Post Malone, Billie Eilish, Roddy Ricch, Marshmello, Lewis Capaldi, Khalid, Lorde, Megan Thee Stallion, DaBaby, Chance the Rapper, Juice Wrld and many more.
Why Choose Soundcloud Banner Template
Soundcloud is a great platform for both music lovers and creators. When you create a Soundcloud account you are given a few options to customize your profile. You can do this in primarily two ways. First, you can upload a profile picture. Second, you can put up a profile banner.
A profile banner helps you stand out amidst the crowd. Unlike your profile picture where you are compelled to upload your own photograph, the banner can be designed according to your creativity. Usually a banner on Soundcloud complements the type of music an artist makes or a listener hears. It is all about emotions and mood depicted visually through a beautiful artwork.
Now it is entirely possible for you to create your own banner from scratch. For that you will of course need to learn some photo editing skills. If you have not worked on Photoshop or CorelDRAW before then it is time to get started. This approach is tedious to say the least. You will have to invest in a new skill unfamiliar to you. You would be better off focusing on your music as an artist than worrying about the artwork on your banner. Use your precious time in improving your music.
The next option is to seek the help of a professional. A graphic designer can design banners and posters according to your brief. However, it comes with a price, literally. If you are a struggling artist you may find it difficult to pay for something like this which qualifies as an added expense.
So then what do you do? Fortunately, there are many impressive banners available online. A quick search can lead you to your perfect Soundcloud banner template. Look at these banners for example –
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
This article is here to help you find the perfect banner for you. Regardless of your personal taste and preferences you will definitely find something to work with.
Characteristics of a Great Soundcloud Banner Template
The first thing you need to understand as an artist on Soundcloud is that you should not compare yourself to others. This does not mean you should not listen to others. In fact, you must keep a track of what your contemporaries are doing and what established artists have already done. This is how you will keep learning and evolving as an artist.
But there is a difference between taking inspiration and outright copying someone’s style. This is true for music and also the artwork of your banner. If you look at the profiles of famous and successful artists on Soundcloud, you will notice that most of them have only visuals on their banner. They can get away with no text because they have established themselves with their discography and a faithful fanbase.
Perhaps you are still struggling. So keeping that in mind. Your Soundcloud banner template must include the following necessary details –
- Your Name – If you are an up and coming act then do not assume people to know who you are by your profile picture. Actually, even established artists keep experimenting with their looks and style but their name remains constant. This is the time for you make an impression with your music. While you work on that keep your name on the banner so that your listeners remember you and come back for more.
- Social Media Handle – As an artist you surely must have other social media accounts. It is important to promote your music and brand across all platforms available. This increases your reach. So mention your other social media handles on your Soundcloud banner. You may wonder why a listener would be interested in your Instagram account. Well, look at celebrity culture. Fans want a peek into the lives of their favorite musicians, actors, sports players etc. This is, at the end of the day, good publicity.
- Latest Info or Update – Use your banner like a digital billboard. Put the most important update on your banner so that your listeners don’t miss on the information. Are you releasing a new song or album? Write its name and release date. Are you going on tour soon? Write when and where. Are you giving an interview on TV? You know the drill. Just make sure that you write one update at a time. This will keep your banner from getting cluttered and losing its visual aesthetics.
Here are some good examples of banners for Soundcloud –
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Use of Design and Fonts
Now you know what information needs to go on the banner. It is time to work on the banner itself. You need to invest in a creative banner which looks good. The music industry thrives on creativity, both audio and visual. If your banner is as good as the music you create it will win you more fans than you already have.
There are two key components in determining the look of your Soundcloud banner template. These are design and font style.
As mentioned earlier, creativity is important when it comes to designing your banner for Soundcloud. But please do not overindulge. Even creativity has some boundaries that you should not cross. There is a thin line between being brilliant and looking bizarre.
Take special care of the following factors while choosing your Soundcloud banner template –
- Selection of Images – Your banner needs an image to look good. This can also be multiple images. But remember the adage “Too many cooks spoil the broth”. Keep the use of imagery to what is necessary. Also, pay special attention to the theme of your music. For example, if you produce electronic music then an image of tropical rainforests on your banner might seem misplaced. You can also choose to put your own image in the banner. Ensure that it is well photographed (with proper lighting) and is different from your profile picture.
- Color Palette – The background of your banner may or may not have complementary images, but it most certainly will have a color. You can be creative here as well. There is no rule asking you to use just one color. Multiple colors can be used to create something striking. You may also choose different gradients to add depth and texture to your background. As for the choice of color, use the colors which reflect the mood of your music. Warm colors like red complement hard hitting or dance music. Cool colors like blue go well with soft or easy listening music.
Check out these banner examples –
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
The information you mention on the banner (like your name, social media handle etc.) will be written in some kind of font. Apply your creativity here as well. Certain fonts evoke a particular mood or emotion. You should experiment a little to see what works best for you. As a rule of thumb, remember that your choice of font should be readable. There is no point in having a fancy font that your fans cannot comprehend.
Look at these banner examples for inspiration –
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Download Free Fortnite Banner Templates #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
Your Soundcloud banner template should be as artistic as your music. Similar to your sound, your visuals also reflect who you are as a musician. Your image can boost your overall appeal to the listeners on Soundcloud.
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Be creative. Use imagery which complements your music. Do not be afraid to experiment. As an artist you need to try new things and evolve.
- Have fun while designing your banner. It will reflect in the overall outcome.
Things Not to Do –
- Clutter your banner with too many elements. Only show what is relevant.
- Use highly stylized font which is difficult to read.