The term “senior” can be applied to students in their last year of school or college life. All educational institutions plan some special events to bid their seniors goodbye. Another purpose to organize such events is to motivate the seniors to face a new chapter in their lives.
To promote such events, you need to invest in some cool senior banner templates. Check out these for example –
Example Template #1
Download Senior Banner Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download Senior Banner Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download Senior Banner Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Why Choose Senior Banner Templates
When you are busy preparing for graduation, whether it is from school or college, there is no time to do much else. Even thinking about tasks like making senior banner templates seems daunting and impossible. If you are a junior organizing a party for the senior then you would rather concentrate on the quality of the party. If you are from the school committee then you would rather focus on the management and planning of the graduation event. Who will then work on the senior banner templates?
A good option is to hire a professional graphic artist who can make posters and banners. This will definitely save you some time and effort. But hiring a professional will increase your graduation budget. Also, you might need to engage in some paperwork for approval from the school’s or college’s accounts department before you get a professional on board. Again, there is a lot of work involved.
Your next option is to delegate this responsibility to the student magazine committee. Yes, some of them may know how to use Photoshop but there is still some risk of quality involved. Well then, what can you finally do about this situation?
It so happens that the answer is available online. Thanks to millions of designers who post their work on various social media platforms you can get some amazing senior banner templates online. Just look at these wonderful senior banner templates –
Example Template #4
Download Senior Banner Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download Senior Banner Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download Senior Banner Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
This article will share more senior banner templates with you. Now you will have many good options to choose from.
Characteristics of Great Senior Banner Templates
Good senior banner templates should look inviting and respectful. But you must also add an element of fun in it. After all, these seniors are young adults who have the rest of their lives ahead of them. When they leave school or college, they should do so with a bang. These fond memories will sustain them through the challenges of professional life. This will be crucial in inspiring them to work hard and succeed.
Depending on your school or college the design of your banner will vary. Some institutions are more liberal than others and will allow their students to make truly creative banners. Regardless of the rules and regulations of your education body, there are some basics which every senior banner should have. These details are mentioned below –
- Name of the event – This sounds like a no-brainer, but it is actually important to mention the name of the event. In this case it could be “Graduation”, “Farewell Party” or any other event organized for the seniors. Do not forget to mention the name of the batch (For example – “Batch of 2016”) Whoever reads the banner needs to know what it is about. Otherwise, your banner will lead to mass confusion across the school or college.
- Time and Place – Another no-brainer. Mention the time, day and date of the event. You do not want the seniors to miss the event, do you? Venue is another crucial piece of information. If you are still in the process of booking a space just mention “To Be Decided” on the banner. The bottom line is: you have to inform the reader where the event will happen.
- Special Information – Now comes the fun part. Briefly mention what is in store for the seniors and whoever else is attending the event. For example, mention activities like “Food and Drinks”, “Games” and “Dance”. This will give the readers a general idea of what will happen at the event. It will also encourage them to attend the event. A senior event with no activities is boring. Most students will opt out of it. Also, if there is a dress code mention it here.
- A word of encouragement – Add a little spice with words to make the event sound more exciting. But please abstain from writing long sentences. Instead go for singular words or very short phrases. This will motivate the seniors even more to attend the event.
To give you a much better idea, here are some more good examples of senior banner templates –
Example Template #7
Download Senior Banner Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download Senior Banner Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download Senior Banner Example Template #9in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Use of Design and Fonts
Your seniors will judge the quality of the upcoming event based on the appearance of your banner. While it is important to state the necessary details on your banner, you should also ensure that the banner appeals to the eye. A cool looking banner hints at the amount of fun in store for the seniors. Your objective should be to make the banner as irresistible as possible. There are two aspects to a spectacular looking banner. These are design and font.
Everything visible on the banner, from the images to the arrangement of the text falls under the category of design. When you are designing the senior banner templates, pay special attention to the following factors –
- Imagery and Visuals – By inserting appropriate images you drastically improve the appeal of your banner. There are many options to explore. You could go for graphic art which includes images of food, people, games and party. Or, you can also use real group photographs of your seniors and add some effects to them. Whatever you decide to go with remember to exercise control over the number of images you use. Too many images will spoil the appearance of your banner. Overcrowding makes the banner look cheap and ill-designed.
- Color Palette –Every color symbolizes a special mood or emotion. Again, you have a couple of options to explore here. If the color palette of your school or college logo has sufficient colors in it you can use that as the base. Another place to look for color is in the uniform. Most uniforms have at least three colors in them when you also include the accessories. If you want to try something different then go for colors of celebration like gold, purple and red. You can also choose something cool like blue or green if the event is on a more casual level.
- Space and Alignment – Once you have decided what to put on the banner, you must learn to arrange all the elements properly. Framing your banner in the right order will guide the attention of the reader to all the important details. This is also the right time to discuss emphasizing the key points like time and venue. Make sure that such details are big enough to be noticed easily. Also, create enough space between various visual elements. Your seniors will find a properly spaced out banner much easier to read and understand.
Here are some great design ideas for senior banner templates –
Example Template #10
Download Senior Banner Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download Senior Banner Example Template #11in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download Senior Banner Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
When it comes to the font of the text you need to take care of two things. First, whatever font style you use should look good. Second, it should be legible.
Some of the more popular fonts for banner making include –Helvetica, Avenir, Bebas, Proxima Nova, Futura, Franklin Gothic, Avant Garde and many more. A word of advice: better stay away from fonts like Papyrus and Comic Sans. These font styles are too casual for an important event dedicated to your seniors. Remember, the events organized for your seniors fall into the formal function category. Some amount of seriousness is required.
Never sacrifice readability for a beautiful looking font style. All your efforts will go to waste if the seniors cannot understand what you have written. So when in doubt, go for a simple font style which can be read and understood easily.
Here are some more examples of senior banner templates –
Example Template #13
Download Senior Banner Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download Senior Banner Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download Senior Banner Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
Making senior banner templates can be fun especially when you can download one for free online. Simply make some necessary tweaks to suit your event and you are done. The events being organized for your seniors are important to them. It marks the departure from school life to the life of college or career. So make sure that the banner you design to promote such events lives up to the standard.
To reiterate some important points, remember to “do” and “not do” the following –
Things to Do –
- Use images smartly – Do not overcrowd the banner. Make sure that the banner looks visually pleasing and has proper alignment of all the elements.
- Use the right color palette. Uniform and school logo are a good place to start.
- Show your banner design to friends, classmates, committee members etc. to seek their approval
Things Not to Do –
- Use confusing font style. Always prioritize legibility over style.
- Use graphics or imagery that violate school rules or policies. Always do your homework unless you want to get in trouble.