If you are a gamer who also streams his or her gameplay, then getting a banner is important. Right now the most popular streaming and video uploading site continues to be YouTube. Although many new streaming sites and apps have come up (like Twitch, Beam and HitBox), YouTube still holds the maximum number of viewers on a global scale.
For the players and streamers of CSGO having an attractive banner for your channel can be a game changer. It serves as a creative way of introducing yourself to new viewers. A banner is also necessary to strengthen the bond with existing followers as it encourages familiarity among your fans. A picture is worth a thousand words and the art work on your banner gets the job done beautifully.
Some of you creative streamers might pick up Photoshop skills to draw your own banners from scratch. But those who are not inclined to pursue an activity in graphic designing need not worry. The world of internet offers many great banners online to choose from. You will be surprised how easy it is to find your favorite CSGO banner template.
This article is here to help you in your search and build up your YouTube channel for more successes to come. Here are some free downloadable samples of a good CSGO banner template –
Example Template #1
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #1 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #2
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #2 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #3
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #3 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Before you learn the basics of an effective CSGO banner template, you should know a little about the gaming sensation that is CSGO.
What is CSGO
CSGO stands for Counter Strike: Global Offensive. It is a first-person shooter multiplayer game created by the developer teams at Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment. Since its release in the year 2012 Counter Strike: Global Offensive has been made available across various platforms like PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Macintosh and Linux. The game became so popular that even today the developers regularly update it with both small patches and larger content addition.
Global Offensive comes with 9 different game modes to choose from. These modes are – Competitive, Deathmatch, Casual, Demolition, Arms Race, Wingman, Retakes, Flying Scoutsman and Danger Zone. Each mode has its own rules and objectives. In the competitive mode, players are divided into two teams (Terrorists and Counter-terrorists) that compete against each other in a best of 30 rounds.
The Casual and the Deathmatch modes are usually played for practice. In Arms Race players must collect weaponry and destroy the enemy team. Demolition mode involves the defusal of a bomb. Upgraded weapons are given as a prize only to the players who won the last match.
Wingman mode is played over 16 rounds and also involves the defusal of a bomb. To make challenges more exciting, the Flying Scoutsman mode was added. The map is much smaller in the Scoutsman mode and the players are only given the SSG 08 gun with a knife. Danger zone is all about surviving and being the last to outlive all others. Like a battle royale, up to 18 players look for weapons, ammunitions and equipment to kill the other players or team.
Counter Strike: Global Operations was massively successful. It enjoyed both critical and commercial accomplishments. In 2015, Global Operations was awarded the fan favorite prize at The Game Awards. Here are a few reasons why CSGO is so popular –
· Massive Gamer Community – Ever since its launch, the game has only grown in the number of players. By 2020, CSGO had over 24 million active users a month.
· Simple and Effective – The purpose of the game is simple: Kill or get killed. This battle royale situation of player versus player or team versus team is simple to understand.
· Cultural Relevance – Many local and official live tournaments are held everywhere across the globe. The biggest prize money attached to CSGO is a whopping 1 million dollars at the Major Championships (sponsored by Valve).
When you stream such a historic game, it is wise to have a really cool CSGO banner template. The other sections will give you the rundown on how to pick the one that suits you.
Why Choose CSGO Banner Template
As mentioned earlier, ready-made templates are free to use and can be easily downloaded online. Why go through hours of using a graphic designing software? Even if you want to be original there are plenty of unique options available online. Check out these for example –
Example Template #4
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #4 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #5
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #5 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #6
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #6 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
You do not have to hire a professional designer to make your channel look good. However, do not forget to credit the artist whose banner you have decided to make your own.
There are many advantages of keeping a banner –
- A banner makes a good first impression. New viewers who visit your channel will judge you on everything, especially for the artwork of your banner.
- It makes your brand stand out from the crowd. There are many streamers online. To avoid getting confused as someone else a unique banner is important.
- Your banner summarizes the essence of your channel. If you mostly stream CSGO videos on your channel then a CSGO banner template will send the point across.
Characteristics of a Great CSGO Banner Template
To get a convincing CSGO banner template, ensure that you include these necessary details –
- Your streamer or gamer name (Some followers might want to play with you. So it is important to give out your gamer details as well)
- Your channel name (This is as important as your gamer name. The name of your channel and your gamer name could be the same. But it is better to get a separate channel name as you can make it much cooler)
- Your social media handle (Apart from YouTube and Twitch there might be other social media accounts you are active on. Mention them as this increases the possibility of gaining new followers)
Here are some ideas for your CSGO banner template –
Example Template #7
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #7 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #8
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #8 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #9
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #9 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Use of Design and Fonts
When it comes to the look for your CSGO banner template you can truly experiment. Since CSGO is a shooter game you can keep visuals of armed men, guns, weaponry, ammunition, military gear and equipment. There are many objects available in the game itself which can be used as images on your banner. Just keep these fundamental designing rules in mind –
- Mind the color palette – Use colors wisely. Due to the serious nature of the CSGO game, avoid using too many colors. Stay away from light or vibrant colors as well. Instead, go for darker shades which are heavy on contrast. This is not a fixed rule. You can always experiment a little and see what works best for you.
- Arrange the elements properly – Understand the basics of framing when you place different images on your banner. The visual elements should be arranged aesthetically. You should also prioritize the images. For example, if you are using the image of your character skin from the game then ensure that this image is bigger than any other image. It will lay emphasis on your character.
- Less is more – You do not have to add 100 images on your banner to make it look good. Select the ones which really go with your theme and personality. Too much imagery can distract the users.
Here are some great examples of CSGO banner template designs-
Example Template #10
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #10 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #11
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #11 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #12
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #12 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
The text font on your banner is equally important. Before you begin to choose the font style, remember to keep the text to a minimum. The rule for any visual imagery is: Show, do not tell. Limit the use of text to your name, your channel name and your social media handle.
The official font used in the CSGO logo is actually a mix of Latin text and Cyrillic Glyphs. You can choose to use this font style as homage to the game itself. If you want to be more original then try something different. Popular font styles for banners and posters include – Veteran Typewriter, Playfair Display, Luckiest Guy, Poiret One, Gill Sans, Knewave and many more.
Although font style is important it is crucial to keep the text as legible as possible. Some fonts are may look good but are too difficult to read. Avoid the trap of style over substance and use fonts which are readable.
Your name and the name of your channel should be large on the CSGO banner template. The size of your social media handle can be small. Remember, the real hero of your CSGO banner template is the imagery, not the text. If your followers want to read about you they will refer to the “About Me” section, not your banner.
Here are some more great examples of CSGO banner template –
Example Template #13
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #13 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #14
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #14 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Example Template #15
Download CSGO Banner Example Template #15 in JPG, PNG, PSD, and AI Format below:
Conclusion: Dos and Don’ts
A good CSGO banner template will help you stand out and win more fans. If you could not find the right banner in this article then you can look up more options online. Have fun playing CSGO!